Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Jim's Lunch

Terry

My older brother Jim was working on the ranch, he was about six miles from the house out in the summer pasture using a John Deere cat building a dam for a reservoir for the cattle to water.

       My younger brother Ken who was about five years old and I was about seven were playing outside around the house. Mom called us in and said Jim had forgot to take his lunch with him, she told Ken and I to take his lunch to him. So being the obedient children we were we said ok.

       We had to walk the five or six miles to the reservoir where Jim was working, I think there was a brown paper bag that his lunch was in. Well after we had walked about three miles we thought we could drink some of the Koolaid that mom had put in a quart jar and Jim would never know, so we each took a couple drinks and then we realized we were hungry also. We took a sandwich and shared it.

      Well by the time we walked to the reservoir we had eaten all of Jim's lunch and drank all of the koolaid, I don't even remember what Jim said when we got there but I'm sure he was not very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment